While COVID-19 is impacting us all individually and as a tourism sector, at Marketing Cheltenham we’re here to support businesses through this unprecedented time, providing them with relevant news, resources and industry updates – and ultimately to ensure we’re all in a position to recover when the time comes.
We thought it would be useful to provide a quick update therefore on the things we’re doing and actions we’re taking through these difficult times:
- Many of you will have seen yesterday’s announcement from VisitBritain/VisitEngland of a new £1.3m Resilience Fund for DMOs (Destination Management Organisations). Here at Marketing Cheltenham, we have been in active discussion with our national colleagues this week regarding this fund and will continue to progress over the coming days to secure any support that we may be eligible for.
- We are committed to supporting our members in any way we can. Each and every member will be hearing from Tara so that we can understand your individual situation and needs and to look at the support we can offer going forward.
- Events and festival organisers have also been offered support as we see increasing numbers postpone or cancel. Jess has been reaching out to offer our support and guidance to organisers of our 30+ festivals and major events.
- We are continuing to proactively source and publish new content on visitcheltenham.com and our social media channels. Our website has a fantastic collection of helpful guides for the local area which includes articles on businesses offering take-away services, local farm shops and businesses offering a grocery delivery service, accommodation for key workers, virtual performances and online activities from local attractions as well as an up to date events list. For more details on these articles, check out our website. A huge thank you to all of the businesses and individuals that are working so hard to still provide a service for customers and visitors. If your business isn’t included in these articles at the moment and could be, please contact Lisa.
- With the country remaining in lockdown for the foreseeable future, we recognise that a large scale recovery campaign may seem a little way off yet. However, we are also acutely aware of the need to be in a position to ensure Cheltenham is able to recover – and recover as quickly as possible, when the crisis is over. We are therefore taking proactive steps to coordinate plans for a recovery campaign for later this year and have begun to liaise with key stakeholders across the town to unite behind a clear and unifying plan. We will be in touch with more details on this over the coming weeks, however, if you would like to discuss how you could get involved in these recovery plans, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other sources of advice and support
As well as the work we’re doing, there is also a huge amount of support and advice available to businesses and individuals from a range of different organisations, locally and nationally. You may well be aware of many of these, but we thought it would be useful nevertheless to summarise a list of the main sources of help that might prove useful to members:
Business Advice and Financial Support
- UK Government’s Coronavirus Business Support Hub
- VisitEngland’s Business Advice Hub
- UK Hospitality
- Gloucestershire Growth Hub
- Cheltenham Borough Council
Latest Financial Support Announcements