Here’s an overview of Marketing Cheltenham’s activity in December 2017, to give you a flavour of what we’ve been up to. Although we have tried our best, please bear in mind we are doing so much, it is entirely possible we’ve missed one or two things off the list!
December 2017 activities:
- launched this website marketingcheltenham.co.uk to support our current and future members – we’re working to build on the content extensively in the coming months
- supported 10 press opportunities / journalists with content about Cheltenham and details of local businesses, for future articles and publications due in 2018
- developed a journalist itinerary for a visit in January, for a magazine with a 50,000 subscribed readership, including visits to more than 20 individual businesses
- promoted Christmas in Cheltenham through radio and print advertising, shopping and event promotions, competitions, the light switch on event, extensive social media initiatives and the like
- location scouting to support potential filming work in the area, for a multi-award-winning TV production company, hoping to produce a drama in the town
- specified and scoped the brief for a new, revamped visitcheltenham.com website for launch early 2018. This is now in build and will offer much improved user interface, features and member promotion. Our target is to grow from 275,000 users per year to 1million users per year by 2022
- moved forward with an initiative to get the sharing economy reviewed / regulated locally, to assure guest quality and safety when visiting the town
- too much to list here, with plenty more to come.