Marketing Cheltenham is the official Destination Marketing organisation for Cheltenham and leads the delivery of the town’s Visitor economy strategy, which seeks to grow the value of the sector by 5% each year
Marketing Cheltenham is a division of Cheltenham Borough Council, but also works in close partnership with a range of stakeholders and individual businesses across the town and the surrounding area – including Cheltenham BiD, The jockey Club, The Cheltenham Trust and Cheltenham Festivals – along with regional partners such as Cotswolds Tourism and GFirstLeP and our national colleagues at both VisitBritain and Visitengland.
Through our Visit Cheltenham and ‘The Festival Town’ brand, we’re able to attract in excess of 590,000+ website sessions to our visitcheltenham.com website annually – and far more again through our successful social media channels.
Through our wider place marketing activity, we are also helping to encourage business tourism and inward investment into the town and to raise the profile of Cheltenham as the UK’s cyber tech capital.
Beyond our marketing role, we’re also here to support and collaborate with local businesses, helping them to realise their growth potential and provide the conditions for Cheltenham to thrive.
Our Role is to:
- Lead the marketing of Cheltenham as a place to visit, live, work and invest.
- Champion the town’s visitor economy and businesses.
- Grow the value of the visitor economy by 5% year-on-year.
- Promote Cheltenham as a distinctive, cultural destination and ‘The Festival Town’ to regional, national and international visitors.
- Support year-round trade across the whole town.
- Support and develop a better visitor experience in the town, including developing new products and events.
- Encourage residents to make the most of the town and engage with the local businesses to help them thrive